Lexington, Ky.—April 8, 2020
Dear Fellow USHJA Members,
I hope that you and your loved ones are safe and well. When last I wrote, USHJA was beginning to plan for the future. Since most of us do not thrive in an environment of uncertainty, I feel it is important to update you on our most recent actions.
Many of you have asked questions regarding qualifying for various USHJA Championships, and we are happy to provide you with answers. Thank you very much for providing feedback on this topic.
The USHJA Board of Directors met on April 6, 2020 to consider scenarios for the next 30, 60, 90, 120 and 150 days.
Here is a list of our 30 day actions for upcoming USHJA Championships:
- EMO Insurance/USHJA 3’3” Jumping Seat Medal East Coast: accept the top 130 riders regardless of point levels
- EMO Insurance/USHJA 3’3” Jumping Seat Medal West Coast: accept the top 100 riders regardless of point levels
- USHJA 3’3” Hunter Seat Medal East and West Coast: accept all junior riders who enter
- Platinum Performance/USHJA International Hunter Derby: accept all enrolled horses that are entered and freeze enrollment fees at the current level
- Platinum Performance/USHJA Green Hunter Incentive: accept all enrolled horses that are entered and freeze enrollment fees at the current level
Should the shutdown continue, the USHJA Board will meet again to discuss actions necessary for the next period of time, and we pledge to keep you informed about these decisions.
I am continuing my calls with horse show managers by Zone. Beginning Wednesday, April 15 at 6 p.m. Eastern Time, I will begin a series of virtual USHJA Town Halls. I hope you will join the conversation. As a membership organization, we both need and value your feedback, and as a community, we need to support each other now more than ever.
I am proud of our members for their strength of character, humility and grace under pressure. Stay strong and please let me know if we can help in any way.